The Pro Co RAT2 is a guitar
effects pedal with distortion, sustain, fuzz and overdrive.
The RAT 2 was introduced
in 1988, but the original RAT started out three decades ago. These pedals have
been heard on thousands of recordings! They have become
something of a standard in which other pedals are measured
against. The Pro Co RAT2 is a versatile pedal that works
great for both rhythm and lead guitar. You can go from clean,
to warm overdrive, to the raunchiest of distortion or fuzz.
It's a pedal that fits in many styles of playing whether
rock, alternative, punk, blues, or jazz.
The unit has three knobs - Distortion, Filter, and Volume.
With the Distortion and Volume knobs you can obviously dial
in the desired amount of distortion and gain. With the Filter
knob, turning it to the right rolls off the high-end frequencies,
and turning it to the left allows the natural brightness
of your guitar to come through. With some experimentation
you should be able to find some very usuable tones.
* 100% analog signal path
* Pro Co’s classic, virtually indestructible steel
* Heavy-duty, industrial footswitches, knobs, and jacks
* ON/OFF LED indicator
* True bypass switching
* Sloped face for easy stomping
* Glow in the dark graphics
* Military-spec glass-epoxy circuit board
* AC jack (RPS-1 power supply sold separately)
* “No tools required” battery compartment (9
volt not included)
* Famous built-like-a- tank steel chassis
* Any excuse, five year limited warranty
Frankly, I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about
the Pro Co RAT2 pedal. And I can't say that about many guitar
effects or pedals. Try one out if you get a chance. You'll
probably find many uses for it in your music and wonder how
you've done without it so far!